The work is divided into a series of related components:
- A study of the national impacts of technology on employment, the strategic contributions of technologies to national economies and the economic impacts of technology by region.
- An analysis of how certain sectors and firms emerge within specific regions, particularly the competitiveness of various sectors, firms' competitive strategies and various strategic influences on the demand for labour.
- We will look at the merging structure of firms and labour markets, particularly how incumbent workers gain training and their career paths.
- We will analyse historical, quantitative and more contemporary qualitative data to show divisions between specific sectors and potentially excluded groups.
- We will analyse the extent to which there are clear school to work pathways and opportunities for integrating learning at work and school for various kinds of workers.
- We will analyse the extent to which SMEs are able to gain access to a variety of complementary resources, capacities, knowledge and skills for their development in each specific sector.
- We will develop an evaluative procedure for the workpackages.
The main focus will be on ICT and ICT-related sectors like the media industry. We will compare two science park regions (Cambridge and Stockholm/Kista Science Park) and two regions with significant Media/Multimedia sectors (Rome and Wales).
We will produce a series of reports leading to a book, scenario workshop, national conference and Internet-based network. We will develop benchmarks for best practices of interest to other nation states in the European Union. We will provide a methodology for national comparisons and further regional studies focusing on the organisation of labour markets in the information society.
REGISTER AS USER!
Please see to that everyone in your organisation who might be related to RISESI registers as a user on this site
Help to develop this site
This site has been built for the RISESI project by Samuraj Data on an Open Source base. We can together contribute to shape it and establish the for us best and most convenient routines. Please start using it and come with your comments and suggestions!